|
A walk down memory lane May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 September 2009 Friends Clara Lin Lin Meiling Sharon Shun Zhang Siang Ping Siew Sze Von Say something I love surfing these
Igor + Andre credits skin by: Jane |
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 @ 12:47 AM
Very, very thankful. I'm saddened by the recent calamities that hit our neighbouring countries, but the spate of tragedies has given us yet another good reason to reflect upon our lives. We are really very very blessed to be living in a country that is without natural disasters, where peace and properity is abundant. It seems so surreal that everything here still goes on as usual as if nothing had happened when the truth is, not too far away, so many lives have been lost, and many who managed to survive are struggling to stay alive. It's hard to imagine the kind of nightmare the victims are going through now, even if we watch in horror the videos shown on tv. Now, we can't even be sure we're entirely safe from all that. We are so vulnerable and so helpless in the face of these natural disasters that may strike anytime. What we've build over so many decades can be wiped out overnight. As individuals, we can only do our little bit by showing financial support and pray for those who are going through the pain of losing their kin, their homes and the will to live, to be strong. *** Clara gal: I've read your thoughts on this and I wouldn't agree with everything you've said. What's all that about complaining being a grotesque behavior, eh eh?? I can't agree more that we have to count our blessings and be thankful for what we have. But we are also entitled to complain about being unfairly treated be it at work or whatever puny matter that may be as long as they're reasonable! That about such trivialities are totally unworthy in the face of the worldly affairs is by no means very true, but who could blame us? Afterall, we're just very ordinary, normal beings and this has been our way of life, being the folks who have been living in comfort all our lives. Honestly, what happened in Myanmar and China will not change my (and probably most people's) opinion of/attitude towards being overworked and uncompensated, disrespectful clients, and yes, the mean office tea lady etc. I wouldn't completely associate one's dissatisfaction with his/her love life with this either cos it really depends on the way you look at it. However, one thing's for sure: I'll treasure my family even more. My point is that just cos we're in much better positions than the victims of the cyclone and earthquake and people living in third world countries, does not render us condemnable for complaining about little things. We can't be totally accepting and satisfied with whatever we have now. Otherwise, when then does improvement come, right? Anyway, no one wished for such things to happen and in fact, I truly believe many Singaporeans wish they could do more to help and will do their bit to help. I think what's most important is we recognise, appreciate and cherish the things we have and not take the people or things around us for granted. And if it's within our means, do what we can to give back to the society and whoever who needs our help. I feel like I could go on forever on this, but I shall leave it as that. Just my two cents worth really. |