|
A walk down memory lane May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 September 2009 Friends Clara Lin Lin Meiling Sharon Shun Zhang Siang Ping Siew Sze Von Say something I love surfing these
Igor + Andre credits skin by: Jane |
Sunday, November 18, 2007 @ 12:52 PM
Malaysia Road Trip Part 2 - Genting & KL I was so proud of myself for driving up to Genting! It was indeed thrilling, and scary, to drive on the Malaysian roads. Especially for noob drivers like myself. Check out the amazing view at Genting Highlands. We checked into the Theme Park Hotel and had lunch at Mary Brown before going to the theme park to unlease the kids in us. Xp was super excited to go to the theme park. Haha. We were waiting for the technicians to complete their routine check on the roller coaster (with a rather unpleasant name - Cork Screw). Ahem. Yes. For me, it was the best ride in the whole theme park. Those guys wanted to drag me to commit suicide with them on the super scary ride, which I did not try in the end. In fact, I tried it once the last time I went Genting with my JC classmates. I guess the fear comes with age. Haha. I'm becoming more of a chicken now. Better go sky dive soon. Even Xp said the ride was ok, made me feel useless. Haha. Oh well, they needed a photographer. Wanted to have dinner at Sushi King, a Jap restaurant chain in Malaysia (similar to Sakae). But the service was utterly disappointing. We wanted to order a bento set each and were informed by the waiter that it will take an hour (!!!) before it can be served. That said, we decided to just eat off the conveyor belt. But it had such a pathetic variety! We were told when we wanted to order chawanmushi that even that had to take an hour! I always thought preparing sushi is pretty fast. I really wonder if they are actually open for business. Hungry and pissed, we left the restaurant after having 2 plates of sushi. Thankfully, there was a pizza place which had much better service. They were even showing the ESPN channel there. We got to watch pool and badminton matches while eating. Xp was kinda sick so she and Lizard headed back to the hotel after dinner while we went shopping around. We decided to check out the Casino as well. It was my first time in the Casino and I must say, it was freakin smoky. We stayed there for like 2 hrs or so and smelt terrible when we came out. It was kinda sad watching people just throw money away on the gambling tables. There was this man who took out $1k and just placed his bets and the next moment, everything was gone. He immediately took out another $1k, bet everything, and lost it again. He still had a stack of notes in his hands when we left the area. Wonder what happened to it after. Couldn't bare to watch on so we walked on. It was not hard to understand how people can just lose everything just by gambling. Luckily Genting is not THAT assessible, otherwise there'll be many more bankrupts around, I'm sure. We went back to the hotel but we realised we forgot our room number. So we went around trying our room cards but none worked! Had to call Xp in the end. How blur can we get. It was amazing how we had the energy to play UNO until 4am that day. Lunch next day was at Kenny Rogers. There has to be a meal at Kenny Rogers everytime we go Genting. Haha. At least we know the food can't go very wrong. After lunch, we were off to KL! Wanted to stay at Sheraton Imperial cos Xp had some points that can be redeemed for some card. But apparently, the price was too steep even after the points (the room rate was 600RM a night for a twin room! Gasp!) so we decided to find another hotel. But Sheraton Imperial really felt like it was meant for royalty or something. Absolutely GRAND. There was even a HARPIST inside. Not pianist, not violinist, but a harpist. Yeah, maybe another time. Haha. In the end, we settled for the Impiana Hotel, which was a nice four star hotel, walking distance to KLCC and the happening streets full of night life. It was still little out of budget but we didn't really care (RM330 for a twin room). We were very happy with the room, which smelt like Ikea (I like!). It had a nice and luxurious bathroom and was huge, comfy and could fit all of us. We didn't manage to check out the edge pool though we could see it from our room. It was the first time I tried eating at a mobile steamboat stall. We were hesitant at first (scared the food was unhygenic) but novelty got the better of us. And the food sure tasted good! The uncle looked exactly like the picture on his signboard haha. We went Time Square for some shopping and dinner before catching Lions for Lambs. Wanted to watch Stardust but the remaining seats were near the screen. I can't appreciate Lions for Lambs though I must admit I cried at the part when the soldiers were executed by their enemies. Touched by their courageousness and pride when sacrificing for their country. ![]() Since we stayed near the KLCC, of cos we had to take some pictures there and also check out the clubbing scene there. I was never into clubbing but I enjoyed myself at 'Rum Jungle' that night. Think the live band played a huge part. We were kinda under dressed though. Like in old scruffy T-shirts and jeans (me and Xp la). ![]() Saw Secret Recipe somewhere and we had to get some cakes! Half price leh... We were super tired from the partying the night before and woke up very late. Had breakfast at the hotel before heading back to JB. Exhausted, dreading to go back to work the next day, but happy and satisfied nonetheless. We got to thank Danny for his GPS (even though it's a little slow at times). Shall invest in one of these miracle gadgets next time. That's the end of my Malaysia road trip. I'm erm still working on the Phuket photos. Those will definitely be up! ;P |