A walk down memory lane

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
September 2009


Friends

Clara
Lin Lin
Meiling
Sharon
Shun Zhang
Siang Ping
Siew Sze
Von


Say something



I love surfing these

LOOKBOOK.nu: collective fashion consciousness.

Igor + Andre


credits

skin by: Jane
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 @ 9:43 PM
These 2 weeks...

It's been 2 weeks since my last entry.

Two weeks ago, my uncle (my mom's elder bro) passed away, consumed by the very evil Hepatitis B. When my mom informed me of the bad news, I was just a few hours from visiting him at a JB hospital.

Mom was by my uncle's side when he left. I wasn't, and I wished I was. But when Mom described my uncle's last few moments later, my heart broke. I really don't understand how life can be so cruel to such a good, simple man. He has worked all his life, has a few children who aren't exactly that filial and never got to retire and enjoy.

Life ain't fair. Not that I just understood that overnight.

After that, I was glad that the memories my uncle left me weren't that of him enduring all the pain and suffering.

I will always remember he was the one who bought me and my cousins beautiful fireworks to play with and goodies to eat every Chinese New Year. He was the one who would pat my head and encourage me to study hard, praising me even though I hadn't done well for my exams. His red packets were always the biggest even though he didn't earn much. He'd try to appease Mom when she got angry at me to save me from the music.

He played a part in giving me the best childhood memories and I really want to thank him for that.

...........................................................................................

I finally got my first shot at audit. It's not the 'peak period' yet so all's still manageable. Yup I'm still alive. It's interesting going to the clients' places. We can only gawk at their tastefully designed offices and lament at our own. Oh well.

The most interesting experience related to audit I've had so far has got to be the stocktake I went to last Sunday. Yesh, Sunday it was, when you were out shopping or at home on your comfy bed.

I had to go into 7 huge storerooms that were minus 10 degrees celcius. Quite an experience that was, considering my fear of the cold. Even though I was in winter wear, I could barely flip my papers or write by the 4th room. My nose and fingers were on the brink of disowning me by the 5th. We had to check the stock on a forklift too! I like being lifted up and down on the forklift, except for the blasts of cold wind that swallowed my face when the forklift moved from one point to another.

...........................................................................................

Will be updating on how I spent my mookcake festival soon! Love the Raffles Hotel Si Chuan Court mooncakes! Yum!