A walk down memory lane

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
September 2009


Friends

Clara
Lin Lin
Meiling
Sharon
Shun Zhang
Siang Ping
Siew Sze
Von


Say something



I love surfing these

LOOKBOOK.nu: collective fashion consciousness.

Igor + Andre


credits

skin by: Jane
Sunday, September 10, 2006 @ 3:59 PM
Hong Kong - Part 1

I am finally getting down to writing about my HK trip which took place more than a month ago.

Hong Kong is definitely a great place to go for a holiday. If you really plan properly, you will find that 5 days ain't enough!

My HK trip was from 18 - 24 July. The only bad thing about going during summer would be the scorching hot sun. It's just HOT right to the bones.

...........................................................................................

Day 1 - Arrival

Once again, I went by Jetstar. But this time, alone.

Sat at the emergency seat which was wider than the usual seats. So if you are taking Jetstar (and you reach the airport early and not 45 min before boarding), maybe you wanna request to sit at the emergency exit.

He was there to pick me up when I finally reached the airport at night.



Had dinner at Macs. The Macs there have a greater variety of burgers and drinks to select from. Loved the grilled chicken burger!



While I was waiting for him to buy dinner, a few Africans who were living in HK tried to chat me up. Good thing I was just a tourist.



And we were off to the hotel after dinner.

Our hotel was at the New Territories and the journey from the airport took about an hour.

When we reached the hotel, his Mom and bro were already sound asleep.

...........................................................................................

Day 2 - Disneyland

I've always wanted to visit Disneyland. Going to HK disneyland fulfilled part of that dream. I'll bring my kids to the US one next time!

It was an extremely hot day. We started perspiring the moment we stepped out of the hotel. Terrible. My makeup was almost non-existent by the time I reached Disneyland.

We woke up early to have breakfast at a typical cha2 can1 ting1 (tea house). I think the satay beef noodles was pretty good though it tastes nothing like satay.



And we were off to Disneyland!



Check out the super nice disney tickets! We got Mickey & Minnie! *Grins*



And we are at Disneyland!







Examining the map...



Boarded this cool looking omnibus which brought us around. If we hadn't have to squeeze with some PRCs, it'd be a more pleasant experience.



Cute little town within Disneyland!


Pretty Sleeping Beauty Castle!



Disneyland was really like a fantasy land. The things there are all so beautiful, great performances, interesting characters... surprises at every little corner!

I especially loved the lion king show. PS highly recommended it to me. At a point in time, one of the performers even came up to us amidst the hundreds of people there and knocked our heads together. Haha.

Buzz Lightyear is definitely one of my all-time fav cartoon characters. Pity the poor guy who had to dorn the costume to pose with us tourists though. Must've been a torture.

We bought matching Disneyland mugs for keepsake. Surprisingly, the souvenirs were priced quite reasonably.

The day ended off with a spectacular fireworks display in front of the sleeping beauty castle. No wonder the ticket was so expensive. It was worth it nonetheless. No pictures for the fireworks cos my cam ran out of space in the late afternoon.

We missed the shuttle bus that we should be taking so had to take the Disney MTR. Even that was specially designed! All the comfy seats and cute displays in the train... A pity we had to alight after only one stop.



Part 2 coming up soon! :D