A walk down memory lane

May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
September 2009


Friends

Clara
Lin Lin
Meiling
Sharon
Shun Zhang
Siang Ping
Siew Sze
Von


Say something



I love surfing these

LOOKBOOK.nu: collective fashion consciousness.

Igor + Andre


credits

skin by: Jane
Thursday, July 06, 2006 @ 12:57 PM
My Grad Trip - Taiwan (Part 2)

Day 3

All of us were up early. We were going to a shopping mall called Miramar with a huge ferris wheel.

Since we were on a free & easy trip, we had to journey there via the MTR.

This was taken when we were waiting for the train. Yup, it's Shilin night market in the day. Hoon commented that the huge Pikachu was the mascot of Taiwan. Haha.



After getting off the train, we had to take another shuttle bus to the mall.

I love my shades but I think my shirt is too short for my pants, which made me look like I'm from the 80's. Whatever.

An interesting sight I saw from the bus while others were still boarding:


Also taken while on the bus. Can you spot a couple taking their wedding photos?

Miramar & the huge ferris wheel

We were too early for the ferris wheel so we headed off to Carrefour which was just beside the mall.

And the moment I saw a Hyun Bin poster...

Thanks to the sales assistant who said curtly that the poster was copyrighted, Hoon quickly snapped the photo and it turned out blur.

Hyun Bin's so adorable... *drools*

The Carrefour was really great. There was such a huge variety of snacks to choose from we were at a loss.

In the end, I picked a cup of malt-flavoured milk which came with coco crunch! Hoon also bought Lay's which was in some kinda roasted pork flavour. Yum!

The Carrefour in S'pore hasn't got any of these, I don't think. What a pity.

I think the milk with the cereal is a really good breakfast for busy ppl who don't have time for breakfast in the morning. Cheap, easy to bring around, great tasting and filling.

After having our second breakfast, we went to take the ferris wheel. It was so huge we could see almost the whole of Taiwan from the highest point. I'm exaggerating.

Me & Hoon shared a container. The container even had air con and music ok!

This was taken from the top of the ferris wheel.

The blue & pink housing estates, as our tour guide said, are built for the lower income Taiwanese by a politician (can't remember if it was Ma Ying Jiu).

The organisers of the trip reliving their childhood.

This panda machine is not just any machine you see around you. It actually moves around! Or should I say crawl?

After Miramar, we headed to Taipei 101, the tallest building in Asia I think. It's taller than the Petronas Towers.

Renjie, Ali, Adrian and Kailin went up to the top of Taipei 101 and rubbed shoulders with Taiwanese celebrity, Rainie Yang. Yes, she was there filming some program.

*I have no idea why I can't post the photo no matter how hard I try.*

After Taipei 101, we went shopping at wu fen pu. We were told that it was a wonderful place to shop by Yanru, who went earlier in May.

I don't have any pictures of wu fen pu cos I was just too busy shopping & eating, eating & shopping. Haha.

The night markets in Taiwan close late, so that's a plus point for tourists. But the stuff sold there were mostly for girls.

We left at around 11pm & headed back to the hotel.

I took some photos of our room cos it was our last night there.

There was a water cooler in the room!

...........................................................................................

Day 4

It's Sun Moon Lake day!

We had to endure a long bus ride to Tai Zhong. That's where Sun Moon Lake is.

We were told the ride was going to take around 2hrs.

The bus ride was a tormenting experience. The air con was faulty right from the start and it was extremely stuffy.

The bus driver made it worse by losing his way and extending our bus ride by another 2 hrs.

On the way, we saw lots of bing lang xi shi, most of whom were unsurprisingly, scantily clad.

Unfortunately, the bus was moving too fast I didn't manage to get any pictures.

After 4 hrs of gruelling bus ride, we FINALLY reached Sun Moon Lake.


We were starving after the bus ride & the first thing we did after arriving at Sun Moon Lake was to find food!

Wild boar!

Our lunch at an aborigine restaurant! (includes wild boar meat)

It's the Sun Moon Lake tour after lunch!

As can be seen from the pictures, the weather was rather gloomy & unpredictable.

Nevertheless, we went on board the ship & were off on a tour of the Sun Moon Lake!

Sights of Sun Moon Lake - Some floating houses, permanent fishing nets, a little island.

I love this picture. Especially the reflection in the water...

The little rats acting cute.

After Sun Moon Lake, we headed to our hotel in Tai Zhong before going to a night market to shop.

How much is that doggie in the window?

All the girls bought many things from the night market but since we were too busy shopping, there are no photos.

Look out for Days 5 & 6... coming up next! :)